Gerry Johnson is now the NMBA Bowhunting Conservation Director.
In the next few months, he will be publishing our state bowhunting records.
Here are updates from the Ruidoso Game and Fish Commission meeting held October 28, 2010.
1. Increase in the number of tags for all bear hunts statewide. It is an increase of 10% in the number of tags.
2. Cougar hunt should be 900 tags statewide. Increased from 740 tags last year.
3. Mandatory Cougar identification on-line course for all cougar hunters starting 2011.
4. Deer Hunt Changes
Unit 51 - It will become a "split" unit with a 51A and 51B for hunters to apply for in 2011.
5. Antelope Hunt Changes
Pending: December 6th Game Commission will convene for changes to the land owner permits process.
6. There will be a change for special hunts application fees for the 2011 seasons.
a. Resident from $10 to $8.
b. Non-resident from $27 to $20
7. Habitat Stamp and HUMAV Fee to be included in all Hunting and Fishing Licenses rather than purchased separately as in years past. This will begin in the 2011 - 2012 physical year applications.
8. The Habitat Stamp (SIKES Act for New Mexico) has been extended for 10 more years starting in 2012.
If you know of any Pope and Young scorers, please contact Gerry and give him their contact information. The more scorers, the better our book will be.
If you have harvested a Pope and Young animal in the state of New Mexico and have a copy of your score sheet, get it to Gerry along with $2.50 made out to Gerry Johnson. This is for processing and printing fees.
Deadline for submission will be March 31 of each year. The book will be printed after that time. Please submit any of your animals ASAP so that Gerry can get to work on the Record Book.
| Officers | State Tournament Results | NMBA Bowhunting Information | NMBA Hall of Fame |
| Return Home | Shoot Calendar | NMBA Forms and Flyers |